Thursday, 15 December 2011

Getting a tree.

Although I loved the simplicity of this tree, needs must, I needed something bigger for St nick to put all my presents under.

On my weekly Tuesday off- and Dad's one off Tuesday off, we headed down to the old manor barns for a tree, {Tamsin where we went to the farmers market}- of course Alex and I wanted an absoloute monster, approximately the size of our schools offering for this year.


It's in the middle of the central green- much better than last year's offering, which was, essentially, a large potted plant.
We picked a tree out- the same seller as last year- but he'd cut his hair and pulled up his trousers, and, I won't lie, he was a charmer- I spent ages checking out the mistletoe, He even offered to carry the six foot-three? tree to our car, when dad looked at him incredulously- "car?- no, we'll walk" he got lots of looks on the seven minute walk.
It was however a vast improvement on Last year's trip back- even if it was utterly magical


Which you can read all about {here}



To be honest, I'm not really into our decorations at the moment, I kind of think our tree looked really beautiful naked, but whateva.
Of course, our lights had blown, I got us some new one's in a 'study period' at school.






Done and Dusted!- I feel so flippin christmassy now school is over, the tree's up, and thing's are being prepared!

You can see our 2009 and 2010 tree's here.


**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
My big sister Oli, is heading in for a big surgery tomorrow morning, it's a follow up procedure on her leg from the Crash,
We're feeling confidant, but if you feel like it, please send a prayer for a speedy recovery.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
I loved Tamsin's post on her Norwegian Tradition of Julevask which you can read about here if your interested- I'm going to attempt to induce it on my room tomorrow to keep myself busy whilst Oli's having her surgury way away in central london.
Have a lovely weekend everyone!




2 comments:

Tamsin North said...

I recognized it as soon as I saw the building in the top photo. Such a great place to live close to!

Andyourtreeispretty.

And thanks for the shout out. I'm doing the living room next :)

madsta said...

Aww, I'm glad it was memorable! -Your welcome, I thought it was so interesting!- be sure to blog about the living room!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...