Tuesday, 29 March 2011

Being 17teen.

I was born on my due date- March 27th 1994.
The second, and for a long time, the middle baby.
I am Seventeen! whoop!
Dad was away for the occasion, and Olivia was asleep.

This is me- casually turning 17teen, au naturale.
My Mutti has stated on many an occasion that I was the best baby, I also did not have a lot of hair for the first few years.- {more on that later}

The celebrations included the traditional gathering on my parents bed for presents and cards.
It also happened to be the morning the clocks went forward, now I have spent a long time trying to work this out but, I think, this means I got an hour less birthday, so to be safe I also claimed Monday, When Dad got back from his trip we went for dinner, minus Oli.

This year Birthdays sort of lost their...magic a little bit, It was possibly to do with ordering all my own presents online and deciding against learning to drive until at least the summer, because I figure I get very anxious in cars, and there isn't much point if I can't afford petrol, you get me?
Thought so.
Anyways, we pretty much hung around the house all day, it was pretty Sunday-ish.

{Its so shiny}
My only request was for my cake to be EXACTLY like last year, now, granted, it didn't have cute little baby carrot decorations, but I dont like sugar iceing, so its cool.

The Friday night before my Birthday I headed on out for an impromptu meal with a few friends, we got a bit silly- the park behind my house was open- eerily, way past normal, so we tried our luck on the tennis courts, there were piggyback races, and I'll tell ya, me and Trish won.

Check ma birfdai nails, did em s'pecially, thats why they're a little shoddy if I look closely.
Dad got home yesterday and we went for dinner-

The weather has been so beautiful these past weeks, it's liftin' ma mood like there's no tomorrow.
{I completely regretted the decision to go au naturale sans make up after viewing this, but how beautiful is ma mama?}
Alex's smile is always suspiciousus.
we ate at an old watermill- it was soo nice! I'd never been before, but it's right by my school, it had a viewing platform to the mill part underneath where you ate, which I thought was a nice touch.
They sold champagne by the glass, which my mutti considers the mark of a good restaurant, I had some, and dad kept offering me one, but I had awoken with a head cold so I know my limits.
And that was my seventeenth, in short, highly documented- I have plans to show you some baby pictures soon.
Now, onto other things.
I was home today, and my mutti called to ask if I could pick Alex up from school, she was with my Grandma, and whilst it is literally the biggest Stimpson- or should I say Quigley, mystery ever, she's well past the big eight...and I can't say anymore, she'd kill me.
Anyways, my point is, that whilst she was pruning her garden, someone busted into her house, and burgled her, I am not amused.
In short though, she's pretty much a ninja, I think she could of taken 'em.

I love walking into my house now.
The petals are like snow on the ground- pink snow.
 We're not really Garden people, we don't know what grows, unlike my latest fascination, Sweat bread, but we think it looks pretty.

10 comments:

Tamsin said...

Happy birthday, lovely! Looks like it was a fun one :)

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Totally think you should get three extra days since the time changed on your Birthday...

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Heather Lee said...

Well, how considerate of you to come on your due date!
HaPpY BiRthDaY! You and Steve share the day, awww.
You look beautiful au-natural. Love the nails. Love your nauticalesque shirt. Looks like you had a happy 2 days:) Gotta get what you deserve.

Wife Of A Salesman said...

Well goodness Happy Happy Day. Enjoy 17 you get it only once!

Myrissa said...

Happy Birthday! And I quite love your nails :)

Sammi said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! I am glad you too are a March baby :)

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I have a question for the webmaster/admin here at madstarulestheblogs.blogspot.com.

May I use some of the information from your blog post right above if I provide a backlink back to your website?

Thanks,
William

madsta said...

Anonymous/William- it depends where you would like to publish my informaton, as a rule, I would say yes- please email me @ maddy.stimpson@btinternet.com

Anonymous said...

Please post more frequently on this here blog of yours.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...