Saturday, 6 November 2010

Remember, Remember.

Remember, remember the Fifth of November,
The Gunpowder Treason and Plot,
I know of no reason
Why the Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot.
Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, 'twas his intent
To blow up the King and Parli'ment.
Three-score barrels of powder below
To prove old England's overthrow;
By God's providence he was catch'd
With a dark lantern and burning match.
Hulloa boys, Hulloa boys, let the bells ring.
Hulloa boys, hulloa boys, God save the Queen!

Dad Say's this at any given opportunity, it's engraved in my brain.
It sounds best if you read it in an English accent.
Just sayin'

T'was guy Fawkes night last night, fireworks crackled and popped (like the cereal) all night long (though there is supposed to be a cap on them after 11) and we were no exception, dad likes to put on a show in the garden.




How creepy- I think it's a ghost of Guy, Mutti thinks it's dad in his woodsman getup
(see below) this is not a drill, you would never know he was a respected businessman






Me and Mutti are magpie's anyway, we like a bit of sparkle, we were in our element.
There were no toffee apples this year, nor did we bother with sparkler's, just a lot of excitement over who got to pick the fireworks.
And there was no burning of a Guy, (alex was nearly called Guy- ?) because Mutti doesn't like it, and I refused to spend a weekend sewing.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
And I didn't forget about Halloween- well I did, but I didn't here you go my Luvlies.

As always on a sunday I was doing my art from, quite literally, dawn till dusk, and was really not feeling Halloween, but alex dragged me from my pit at about 4pm, to oversee the carving of pumpkins, and make cakes and cookies for the trick or treaters (all alone) they went down very well, and on request, I have since remade the cookies.



I didn't go trick or treating, but Eve took Alex, I asked him to save me a sweet, he handed me a single Haribo, I don't eat Haribo.
Until next time my sweethearts- did you celebrate Halloween and Guy Fawkes night? what are some of your traditions?



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

With the creepy people around where my family lives, my husband and I prefer to keep our son inside on Halloween. No costume, no candy and we do not hand out candy. It's best that way though. My son has never been one to dress up.
Instead, the Great Pumpkin pays a visit to my son during the night.

Sammi said...

I didn't go trick or treating either, for my sins. There was a hospital visit to my grandfather instead :o( I don't think you can ever be too old for trick or treating when you're only 4ft 10

Fireworks night is tonight for me! Guy Fawkes has a whole weekend to celebrate him this year :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...