Monday, 22 November 2010

Recently


I've been AWOL, quite by accident,
The weather has been very English, by that I mean icy cold, misty, and raining.
The above picture was taken (from my window) at 3pm, the mist has been hanging thick all day long.
I love it, and I'm well aware a lot of people misconstrue my love of the cold and dark as a tendency towards vampires, but I can't help it, right now, for example, I'm sitting in the pitch black, I think it's coming from a large, very vocal family, if we're not arguing, it's weird, so I think I've come to love the serenity of the dark.
Anyhoo, I have a day off today, it's commonly known as Christmas shopping day by teachers and students alike, I'm not shopping, as I have no money, and stealing is generally frowned upon- just humor.

It is my darling Mutti's 49th birthday tomorrow,

She's still got it.
I love her, sometimes it makes me cry, I'm not even ashamed.
She is going to Barbados, of all places, on Thursday, with a big group of girlfriends for nine days.
I don't know if I'm going to make it.
9 days? I'll die right?- she has visited before, but this is her first plane ride, or trip abroad, since she got married, 25 years ago- FYI I've never been on a plane, never visited Ireland where I've family by the stone, and didn't go abroad until last June where I headed to Paris for three day's with my french class.

It's not too short, not with leg's as long as my Mutti.
I should be wrapping her present (courtesy of the bank of dad)


I should have spent the whole day today doing my art, I didn't, not even.
But I did watch 'Deck the halls', 'Avatar' and 'Christmas with the cranks' productive see?

Mini me much?

I'm teaching Eve to make a bed, still, it's a really long process, but I'm persevering.
I do promise to do a little tour of my new (shinier) room soon, quite soon,
Y'know, when I tidy up a bit.
me? just hanging around y'know.

Until next time my sweethearts, I'm off to appreciate my Mutti before she goes away,



2 comments:

Leah said...

Nice to see you posting and all your lovely photos :) Happy Birthday to Mutti, she does look a million bucks!

jodi said...

Best wishes to your mom on her trip. She will have a fabulous time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...