Tuesday, 30 November 2010

Letters to my Mutti in Barbados; Day 5+6

Dearest Mutti,
This is the snow we were offered this morning, it was a little pathetic, but you know me, and snow is snow.
How are you? How's the toe, you've successfully really freaked Eve and I out, a lot.
I haven't really had a good couple days, not really, I'm a bit sad- sorry for crying on the phone, I don't want you to think I'm sad until you get back when you can make it up to me by buying me a new pair of boots, because remember I have no money, and mine are letting the snow seep it, which is awkward when it snows, we aren't even that close- the snow and I, it's just a casual thing the last/first months of the year.


The Canadians/ and or Americans are probably laughing at us, but this much snow is a big deal, and it was only ever you and I who got excited for it, and you're canoodling with the sun, so I'm trying to keep morale up for a whole Lotta relatives.
It's been too long now, it feels like a really long time, when you get back I'll be changed, I can say all sorts of swear words in Italian, it'll be brilliant, I'll teach them to you for when your chatting with Dad.
In case you didn't notice, we love the Italians, they love to say "vonder-fool" everything is "vonder-fool" it makes me smile.

This is Eve.
Your third born.
She says...
...
Hi.

I'm missing you a LOT, it's so cold right now, I'm even wearing socks, admittedly they're not mine (found them in an unused toilet whilst looking for my underwear- you have to be in on the sarcasm) but given my stance on socks I'm pretty proud of myself.
I love you, and I miss you- funnily enough In sympathy, I walked into a drawer front whilst (stupidly) indulging my love of the dark, and now it's split from my nail down to the flesh in the middle and- as I just found out, burns like the fires of hell (Eve told me all about it) when it gets wet, hence the new boots.
Love you, be good.
Love,


Oh- it's snowing again!
mwahhh!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I've been out of town for a while and just got myself caught up on all the blogs I follow. I am sorry your mutti is gone for so long! I remember a couple of years ago my mother went to China for 2 weeks and I thought I'd die of loneliness! The crazy part is that I'm a grown woman with 3 children and I don't even live in the same state as my mom! Why it was so terrible, I don't know- except that aren't mothers wonderful people to have around?

Heather Lee said...

Ok all caught up! I'm loving this "letters to mutti" segment you have going on. So protective and sensible you are:) I think you should do "letters to" more often, maybe to those future babies you were naming the other night. Stay warm!

Heather Lee said...

I keep thinking about your counsel to your mom to "wear sensible knickers" and laugh. One being that knickers is such a funny word for me...usually only used to describe two things, short grandpa pants...or granny underwear. So your request for your mom makes me smile.
Anyway. Well we are all going to Utah for the holiday's Steve is just coming out 8 days after us. It saved us a considerable ammount of money to travel out sooner, so that's why we did it. I feel bad leaving him around the holidays, and I'm definitely not looking forward to wrestling two kids on a long flight by myself...but $600+ dollars better be worth it!
We will miss him. And he BETTER make it to us in TIME, pray for good weather! I can't think of anything more sad than missing your son's first Christmas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...