Friday, 3 September 2010

I dont even feel ashamed.

It's that time of year again.
I want to look out my bedroom window and see this again.
I want to wrap up in my winter clothes, woolly tights, boots, hats and scarfs.
This happens to me every year, around this time, I crave Christmas films, with quaint country cottages filled with homemade decorations and a dusting of snow over the countryside (any suggestions?)
I want to return from school and find it already dark, and settle in for the night with my books.
At the end of every summer I crave my beloved winter, almost enjoying Autumn but fervently loving winter, last year we had more snow that I can remember.
I have purchased a hat in expectation of this.
All you lucky (in my opinion) gal's living in places where snow is common place will laugh, but when we get snow in England the whole country shuts down.
We have hourly updates on the national news, schools shut across the country and we go sledging down our deserted road at 6am in the morning, well Eve and Oli dont get up, but me and alex do.
It's not even just the weather, I want to step out and feel the cool chrispness of the air, see my breath in the air, and feel the water leaking through my shoes, okay just kidding about that part.
What is your favourite season?
Your favourite holiday?
You'll find I'm in this sort of melancholy Christmas mood every September, October, November, December and of course January February...you get it.
Until next time my sweethearts,

3 comments:

Lynne said...

Oh my...I don't even want to think about snow just yet! I live a couple hours south of Chicago, so we get enough of it for a good chunk of the year. I love, Love, LOVE spring/summer year round so I guess I'm in the wrong place!

Lisa said...

I grew up in an area where we got several feet of snow at a time. I did love it. I now live in an area, like you, where the entire state shuts down if there is a trace of snow. And I laugh.
But I absolutely love the autumn season. I love the crisp air. I love the colorful, falling leaves. I love the smell of fires burning in the stoves and delicious apple pie. I love wearing sweaters.
And I think I get so excited because I know that the holidays are just around the corner. Christmas is my favorite. I especially love to see all the pretty lights shining through the white snow on rooftops. I love the cozy feeling of being inside next to the fireplace. I love Christmas songs. It is a beautiful time of year. It brings a feeling that I wish would last year round. A feeling of love, peace and strong family bonds.

3ate4 said...

I love summer! but if it's going to be cold then I'd rather it just snow and have to put up with that all winter instead of rain.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...