Sunday, 4 July 2010

Regrettably- footnote



I am going on strike.
I simply cannot work under these such conditions; post upon post have been infecting my mind yet I've nowhere to put them, my camera is filled to bursting with photographed delights that I only wish I could share; I cannot even make a new header for July.
Woe is me.
So it is such that I have been forced to make a drastic decision, to go on strike from this little haven of mine here over at blogger.
It saddens me more than I care to admit- for all of my shiny new followers haven't really got to appreciate my posting style or any such thing as they joined around the time of the accident when life- and my laptop started going belly up.
You know I used to post ALL the time, I wouldn't dream of going to strike or chowing out a lowly post once a week, as I would feel such personal pride, and I don't feel like that any more.
You will be pleased to know that Oli is doing wonderfully, truly, she has significant muscle wastage but is walking...quite well? yes indeedie. She's planning her tattoo tribute to Jack as his family have and has come off her meds. That's her above, sleeping as always.
So I have formulated a plan of action that is sure to get things moving, here goes;
I have just returned from looking at laptops and have selected this ravishing model as the one to own.
Although mine will be a delightful shade of purple.
However this has only come about by an incessant amount of whining, moaning, unsubtle hints and then downright begging. And whilst it looks like all systems are ago, I know my parents and doubt they will be rushing out to buy it when I need it, like yesterday, so I came up with a genius plan, I would shock them into getting it sooner by going on strike- though this is really a pain in the ass for me too.
And so when I get back in a week or two, with a vengeance might I add, the blog will be looking jazzier and snazzier and posting all day long. oh yes.
I love you all, don't be sad without me, I'll be so much better when I return! truly, you shall see a whole new level of blogging awesomeness. seriously, I am thinking CJane awesome, sorta.
Now what can you do to help? 
well I am asking that EVERY single person who reads this post/blog leaves a comment with a suggestion that they think would improve it for when I return, from things down to having the comment section come up as a box down to things like should I start hosting give-aways? anything that you would like to see and have happen so as It can be jazzed up for when I return- go on, you know you want to!
Love always, 
Until next time my sweethearts, stay strong.








footnote- okay I'm terrible on strike, I had to come back.- I want a button, where does one get one, none of the blog design services are selling them on their own!- does anyone know anyone? 
also one of the (many) problems with my hunk of junk of a laptop is that I can no longer upload pictures!- keep your idea's coming!

21 comments:

Lindsay said...

as i recently started following im not sure what sort of suggestions i could make other than just don't stay away for too long, i enjoy reading your posts. :)

The Comeaux Family said...

you need a button! (unless you already have one and I have been unsuccessful in finding it)

Nancy said...

Tell us how we can make a donation for that computer!!! Do we need some sort of fundraiser? Your parents email address so we can harrass them (just kidding kind of...)? Is your birthday coming up soon? I'm one of those new followers that has been wanting to see more posts.... I'd get excited about the give away idea if I'd ever won something, which I haven't.

mini said...

will miss your posts . my suggestion would be to post lots of pics that keeps things interesting and don't stay away for too long.

Catherine said...

I will have to practice extreme patience while you are on strike. Please don't go for too long!

Izzy said...

My suggestion: just carry on being awesome :). Part of the reason why I like reading people's blogs is because I enjoy seeing how other people experience their lives through their words and photographs.
Another suggestion: keep up with the picture posting. I like pictures :)

kherb said...

OK...what happened at prom?!? I guess we don't know because you went on strike!! Hope you get back to full speed soon. I just like hearing your perspective. I read a number of blogs (cjane and nienie, too) and it's just fun to follow along with someone's life.

Tamsin said...

I'm with Izzie - just keep up the awesome! I've been coming back to your blog for such a long time now because your writing is just so fresh, fun and different from a lot of the other blogs that I read. So definitely continue the day-to-day stuff, I really like that about your blog. And the photos too!

Having said that, how about a blog series or two? Some kind of topic or theme that you periodically revisit. Or maybe a project or two? You know how I like those :)

Amelia said...

I don't know what I would suggest. Maybe more links to previous posts that would explain who or what you are referring to, for newcomers.

But, to answer your questions: The give-aways stress me out, but that's just me. I think I prefer when the comments don't come up in their own window/box.

And I would also like to hear about prom. Good wishes to you!

Amelia said...

Oh, and I also like it when there is the option of having follow-up comments emailed to me.

Laurie said...

Ask cjane nienie about the button. Hope you can upload photos again soon - that was going to be my suggestion. Found your blog when you wrote for cjane - you have a unique voice -looking forward to more!

Lynne said...

You can create your own buttons at photobucket.com or like Laurie said you ought to just ask Courtney (Cjane) because she'll probably know about some awesome person who can do it for you.

Anonymous said...

you are a fatty arent you?

madsta said...

Comment noted
didn't your mother ever tell you that if you've nothing nice to say say nothing at all, this is a prime example.
Please don't feel obliged to keep reading.

Jocelyn said...

seriously you being on strike sucks.

crystal b. said...

Hurry back!!! You will be missed.

Pol said...

Come on - Mind the Gap is back for the summer - Topher Clark is blogging about London - you can do it too - just type :)

criticalcrass said...

i made my buttons myself. find a picture or two that you like, import them to fotoflexer.com, fix'm up pretty, then import the pic to tinypic.com to make it button-sized. email me for codes and whatnot, if you want to try it yourself.

Heather Lee said...

I'm so glad to hear from you now! Thanks for the kitchen tip. If we were living near Steve's parents that would totally be doable bc his dad has every tool known-to-man, but we are pretty much tooless out here in Indiana. I lived in London for a semester of college, what part of England are you from?

madsta said...

That's a shame- but I thought it would be worth a look anyway for inspiration- i'm a londoner! :)

Anonymous said...

I fool infer from a few of the articles on your website in the present circumstances, and I really like your line of blogging. I added it to my favorites trap age list and resolve be checking promote soon. Divert report register into public notice my site as approvingly and fail me know what you think. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...