Thursday, 29 April 2010

The London Marathon 2010




















She left on a weary morning at a quarter past five, just an hour after I arrived home with the girls, (another story) we gathered round the TV and watched as the kick off began, at 9:30am, and were picked up my Auntie Maggie promptly at 11:30 to head on up to London, Alex was bored after just 10 minutes on the train, I attempted in vain to tickle it out of him, we had been told it would be 23 degrees, but when we left it was bleak grey and spitting, so I was wearing my equivalent of winter clothes (though if you know me you'll know I don't dress in accordance with the seasons) and so when we get there, in a throng of people 20 persons deep we trekked through the streets of London, past the runners, keeping an eye out for my Mutti,  we went round and round past the runners, and a long while later, as we were crossing the bridge, I spotted her flying towards the finish line, 385 meters to go, her sunglasses on and ipod in, so our screams of encouragement were wasted, we met her as she finished, sweaty, smiling and happy, we are very proud of our dearest Mutti, because she's amazing, even if right now she is really bumming me out.
until next time my sweethearts,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...