Wednesday, 7 April 2010

And then it was spring.



This past week has brought an abundance of weathers, 
yesterday it was warm enough to warrant a breezy picnic of ice creams in the garden, and yet today the weather epitomised England, I cant keep up, but this past two weeks I have noticed spring creeping in, now it sits, ever present in our gardens, I wake up each morning to the news that spring has invaded the tree directly outside my bedroom window, it blossoms the same beauty each year.
Daffodil's have sprouted in the gardens of every passing house, their beauty innocent and untouched by man.
tulips, crocus' and bluebells are appearing with each new day, but as each morning reckons I greet the familiar blossom fondly, for I see it but once a year.

4 comments:

Tamsin said...

"Oh, to be in England
Now that April's there,
And whoever wakes in England
Sees, some morning, unaware,
That the lowest boughs and the brushwood sheaf
Round the elm-tree bole are in tiny leaf,
While the chaffinch sings on the orchard bough
In England - now!"

Or something like that :)

madsta said...

i love it! its always nice when you visit! you leave the best comments! :)

Tamsin said...

Well, I can't really take credit for the poem. Robert Browning might not approve!

However, it's time for me to change the "featured blog" on my blog. Want to be it?

madsta said...

he would never know....:)
you just made my day! (i know i need to get out more!) i would love to be it, i always visit the "featured blog" such an honour!
:)xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...