Wednesday, 17 March 2010

happy St Patrick's day!

*image via google images
Happy St Patrick's day!

Each year the Chicago river is dyed green to celebrate this historic day, which I happen to think is the most fantastic idea ever!
I'm Irish on my mothers side, her maiden name being Quigley, it doesn't come more Irish than that!

I'm still ill and therefore am missing the St Paddy's day celebrations, 95% of my school is Irish or of Irish ancestry, it is rare to come across someone who isn't at least part Irish, and so there is a big sense of Irish comradery and I know I am missing out on a lot of insane celebrations, with a lot of painted faces and Guinness hats, shamrocks galore!

I found out too late that the St Paddy's day parade in London was this past weekend, it would have been so fun! 

soooo....
happy St Patrick's day! 
Irish...part Irish...friends with the Irish?
have a great day!
how are you celebrating?
(if your a true Irish fellow you'll be off down the pub right?)
until next time my sweethearts,


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...