Tuesday, 30 March 2010

And a 16 year old was I.




Saturday, March 27th 
I was awoken long before a decent hour by Alex poking me and nudging my nose.
I was led downstairs to find a pile of presents larger than Alexander himself and two balloons delightful to behold.
I can truthfully say it was one of the best birthday's I can remember, with none of the usual Stimpson family row's, a fresh crisp sunshine and minimal rain (it is England) 
We headed out to the cinema sans Oli and Dad but with Auntie Maggie instead, we saw the latest Nannie Mcphee film, because we had Alex with us and I am a big kid at heart, 
It was a wondrous idealised film and I really enjoyed it, then we, I er headed to the shops and made a dangerous dent in my birthday money, which along with some fun soap and glory products Auntie Maggie kindly topped up!
The day was topped off with a fantastical Indian Takeaway for everyone was in the mood to stay at home, and the most amazing birthday cake i have ever seen or eaten, Grandma and Grandpa how I wish you could have tasted it.
Each year my Mutti indulges my love of carrot cake (which is odd as carrots are my least favourite vegetable- but I guess that's what a sprinkling of sugar does for you) but this year she outdid herself, she had purchased the mould for a giant cupcake cake which was utterly amazing and made the sliced about a foot deep- the mould is the interesting hat Alex is seen wearing above,
if you would like this mould for your loved one's birthday cake you can find it here;
As a matter of fact I had the cake for breakfast yesterday morning and it was still mighty yummy.
that concludes one of my best birthday's ever,
thank you to Grandma and Grandpa for my card and money, I put it in the bank just yesterday and have decided to save it for a rainy day. I thought you would approve.
And to Auntie Nonie and any other family member who is reading!
Oh, how did that get in there!?


until next time my sweethearts,



2 comments:

Tamsin said...

Happy birthday, miss Cute Face! Looks like it was a fun start to a fun age :)

madsta said...

that was just the loveliest birthday comment! your too nice! I'm hoping its going to be a fun year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...